Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gone Fishing!

As you read above, I recently graduated. The same week, my brother finished his orthodontic residency. As a graduation present, my Dad sent us fishing. We chartered a small boat and went out to different locations in the Bay: Alcatraz, Angels Island, Emeryville shelf, etc. The day before, they were catching 30 lb halibut. Unfortunately, we didn't have that luck - We only caught one 23 in. 5 lb halibut, but we did catch some good sized California Striped Sea Bass. My biggest catch of the day was a 31" 12 pound monster. What a fighter! I had know idea there was such good fishing in the bay or I would have been going for the last 4 years. My brother and I each took home about 6 lbs of fillets. Delicious! I cut the fillets into nice thick strips and dipped them in a milk/egg mix, then coated them with a combination of flour, corn starch, fresh ground pepper, and various other seasonings. Then let it fry in a 50/50 mix of butter and extra virgin olive oil. Boy, that was a good lunch. Courtney got a little more fancy than me. If you want a really good recipe for potato, Parmesan and fresh tomato sea bass, ask Courtney. I have no idea what she did, but it was yummy.

No comments: