Sunday, February 24, 2008

She's Here!

Our little Hannah Suzanne Budd has made her grand entrance! After 2+ weeks of continuous contractions with no results, Hannah finally came speeding into this world after a fast and furious hour of labor! She was born on February 21st at 7:04pm, weighing 8 pounds 3 ounces, 21 inches long. Although we warned the nurse that Courtney goes fast once her water is broken, Hannah surprised the entire labor and delivery floor by starting to come when neither our nurse nor doctor was in the room. A doctor was literally yanked from the hallway to deliver Hannah by leaning over the side of the bed and catching her as she shot out. Hannah and Courtney are both doing great. McKenna and Jacob absolutely adore their new little sister, and Courtney is enjoying a very quick and easy recovery. We are so incredibly grateful to our Father in Heaven for the wonderful blessings of a healthy baby and healthy delivery.

I'm very proud of Courtney. She was amazing. For those interested in the movie-like details: They broke her water at 6pm to try and get things going. At 6:55pm Courtney started hitting the call button, and the nurse came in saying she was dilated to 5 cm. At 7pm the nurse was holding the head in with her hands screaming for help, at 7:02pm a doctor came running in putting on gloves, and at 7:04pm Hannah was born. At the end there it was basically a 4 minute continuous, off-the-chart contraction, which she simply screamed her way through, until Hannah came screaming out. It was intense! Go Courtney!


























14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to the whole family! I am sure you will get a lot of debate on this, but I am saying she looks like Courtney to me. What a beautiful baby girl. Courtney, you are twelve times the woman I am. You are my hero! Love you all!

Lanes said...

congrats you guys! We are so happy for you and so happy that she is here safe and sound. Glad to hear it all went well (and fast)! We love the name Hannah, so cute! She is adorable.

acte gratuit said...

Very cool! Congratulations! She's adorable. I love the pic of her getting weighed and screaming. The girl already knows how NOT to be treated!

Is her middle name after your Aldea neighbor Suzanne?

Em

mama bear said...

Hooray! I've been checking almost daily to see if there's any news and ta-da! Wow Court, I kinda hate you a little for the fast delivery, but I don't envy 2 weeks of contractions and one big long one at the end. She's beautiful, I love her already!!

Congratulations you guys!

Sarah Walton said...

congratulaions you guys!! She is absolutely beautiful and I love the name Hannah too! You all look so happy, what a cute family you are. Man, that delivery sounds intense! glad everything went well, and that courtney is having an easy recovery. We're so happy for you!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Yeah for the arrival of such a cute baby! I have been checking the blog like every other day waiting for the news. Yeah for February bdays. What a great belated bday present for you Courtney. We are happy for you all, what a cute family.

Love ya, Riss

Emily said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray! Now that's what I call a speedy delivery! and I'm all about fast and easy recovery. Congrats, Courtney, she's beautifu!

Carpfam said...

Congratulations you guys!! She is beautiful, and what a darling name! Let us know if you need anything.

Jen said...

Way to go Courtney! Glad she is here and healthy. Congratulations, you guys, she is adorable. I can't wait to meet her.

Jen said...

Congrats guys. She is absolutely adorable!! McKenna and Jacob look like they are ready to eat her up!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Becca said...

What a beautiful addition to an already great looking family!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Odelsa said...

Congratulations, she is so cute!!!
Dan, I just barely found your blog. My parents were asking about you and I remember you guys were bloggers.

She is a sweet girl. Felicitaciones ella esta linda!!!!

Benson Fam said...

I'm starting the "WE NEED MORE PICTURES" chant! I'm wanting to hear how the kiddos are handling a new munchking (especially Jacob!). And when are you moving, where are you moving, when is graduation, will you be around the 4th of July weekend (we're coming in town for a wedding). I guess I'll just have to call- but please post pictures!

Jenny said...

Okay, so Hannah is now several weeks old. We need some new pics! I know I just got to cuddle with her today, but still. :) She really is so sweet. I'll come over and hold her anytime.